Manchego cheese from the weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
I made this over the weekend, and pulled it out of the brine this afternoon. It will spend around six months in the cave to age properly.

1679938363890.png

WOW. Looks great! Manchego is probably my fave. Thought it was like impossible to make it at home but admit I never looked into it much.

You guys that think you can't wait, there's a secret: just keep making more stuff.

Thats almost too pretty to cut!!! And a 6 month wait....WOW! See thats why I dont make cheese, I ant got that kinda patience!

Jim

That's a pretty roll of cheese.
Thanks!

Wow, a work of art, nice! RAY
Thank you.

I have no patience for that. I am impressed!
You just have to make enough to not notice the time.

Wowza. B E A utiful
Thanks!

WOW. Looks great! Manchego is probably my fave. Thought it was like impossible to make it at home but admit I never looked into it much.

You guys that think you can't wait, there's a secret: just keep making more stuff.
^ This is the way. I did the same thing with cheese that I did with charcuterie, make a *ton* of stuff at the beginning, including items that only needed to age 3-4 weeks. I've got enough opened cheese now that waiting is not much of a hardship.

Very nice. How much milk did you start with and how much does the wheel weigh?
Thank you. I started with 2 gallons of raw milk, and ended up with a shade over two pounds of cheese.

Thats almost too pretty to cut!!! And a 6 month wait....WOW! See thats why I dont make cheese, I ant got that kinda patience!
Thanks! You just have to make enough that the time flies by...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky