Made some changes and I'm liking my UDS even more!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rugsrme

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Marshall, MO
Well, I got the hinges attached to the drum for the lid, I love that, it was so nice to flip the lid with one hand and not have to set it down.

I also got my charcoal basket out of the bowl I was using for ashes and put some 3" legs on it. That bowl was really messing with the way the coals were burning, temp was very easy to maintain throughout the smoke, although it was short, 3 hrs, my fatties were done, but I'm still maintaining the temp with the leftover coals to practice and see how long it is going to hold 220 deg. It has been between 220 and 225 since I started the food, almost 4 hrs now and holding steady, I think I'm figuring this unit out!!

If you want the Q-view of the Moose and deer fatties I posted it here:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/100289/moose-deer-and-2-other-fatties#post_560419

Thanks again for the advice folks, I'm really liking my cool smoker!

Q

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky