Made a "Cheaters" Brisket Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Good evening from South Carolina. Mrs. Wurtz wanted to use up a small brisket tonight for dinner - 1.5lbs to be exact. So, stepping up to the plate to do my part, before i was told to do it, I decided to make a "Cheaters Brisket."
So, the process was simple: dusted the little guy with PS Seasonings Prime Time Buttery Beef Rub I received as a sample, Heres' the cheat - pressure cooked the brisket for 1.25 hours on high using my Ninja pressure cooker/air fryer with a beef base broth for moisture.

Mrs. Wurtz made the sides - sweet potatoes and broccoli. Once cooked, let the little one naturally depressurizes for 15 minutes.
It fell apart into 4 pieces when I picked it up. so, took half of the meat, pulled it apart, added about 1/4 cup of Baby Rays BBQ sauce to it. Sliced the other half. Served both - Pulled Brisket and sliced brisket with the vegetables. Plaited about 4oz of meat which was good enough for tonight.

The sliced is in the top center (12o'clock) then pulled to the right, buttered sweet potatoes, and broccoli. What isn't shown is the "glass" of homemade table wine (~15% ABV) and a dip mix my son gave me as a Christmas Stocking Gift - "Dip S@it" for vegetables. A nice touch of heat - 1000-10000 Scoville!

Overall, a very good meal with enough brisket remaining to make my special omelet with pan fried potatoes and homemade Chocolate Oatmeal muffins with Bavarian Breitsamer Raw Sunflower Honey or Wild Lingonberry fruit spread.
🍻
John

Brisket.JPG

I sometimes smoke than finish in the pressure cooker. I tried no wrap ribs again and they did not get tender, I done with this method. Threw in the pressure cooker next day and turned out good.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Thanks friends, All the likes and supportive comments were way beyond expectation.

Now I must come clean and admit I didn't make my special omelet with pan fried potatoes and homemade Chocolate Oatmeal muffins like I originally posted. Mrs Wurtz constantly feed me healthy vegetables with her version of the Dip Sh@t vegetable dip she made yesterday, along with some "left over" pork/rice hot dish with Knodel (German Dumplings - half bread/half potato!) during the Pro Game. So, dinner wasn't going to be big.

I decided to make a platter of " Kalt shrunk Nachos" - A bag of Wal-Mart Taco Bowls Dipper layered with t whatever is in the ice box - brisket from yesterday, diced grilled chicken breast sauteed with diced onion and mini-peppers Mrs. Wurtz "found" in the ice box. Put that with a can of diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup of mixed shredded Mexican style cheese, 6 slices of American sliced cheese and 6 slices of Simms Hard Salami. Dressed the openings with the remaining Baby Rays Spicy BBQ sauce, Added a few jalapenos to my plate just of a tad more heat. We still have half (3) of the pieces left for lunch tomorrow!

Tomorrow I'm putting Mrs Wurtz to work and we are making a couple of pounds of Thuringer sausage using a pre-mix from PS Seasonings. I don't think I'll additional salt to the small batch just to get a feel of the saltiness of the pre-mix. Did that with the PS Seasonings Prime Time Buttery Beef Rub and the flavor was pretty balanced. 🍻
John

Sunday Nachos.JPG

I quit! Every time I head off to make a meal or component, Mrs. Wurtz comes around and wants one of the "other" options AFTER I tell her what I have already planned?! LOL! 🏳

So, friends, here is what was supposed to be my "Thuringer sausage" which is now "Weißwurst" using the PS Seasonings Weißwurst pre-mix.🤷‍♂️ This was"approved" by a sausage maker/retailer up in Minnesota/Wisconsin area, so it should be dang good.

The PS seasonings site called to mix 6 tbs per pound. Each pork package was 2.5 lbs. So, to err on the less salty, I went with 12 tbs per package. And since Weißwurst is considered a fresh sausage, I'll make links out the remaining 4-4.5 lbs., vac seal and freeze.

We are making sausage patties for egg and cheese buttermilk biscuits along with some pan-fried potatoes. So, we'll find out if my flavor profile is correct.🍻
John

Weisswurst(c).jpg

Reactions: bigfurmn
The meal tasted great. Not for a purest, but it works and produces a fine meal for 2 folks. 🍻
Sure looks good ! That's not cheating , that's showing knowledge of good eating .
I do that same thing with small flats . I skip the seasoning , but do add some beef base . Shred it , into a pan and season for the meal . Tacos , slider or sloppy Jo's .

Reactions: Wurstmeister
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky