LSG Adjustable Grill & Smoker unboxing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Alphonse

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 1, 2019
Gulf Coast Alabama
My Lone Star Grillz Adjustable Grill & Smoker arrived this week.

808 pounds of crate - rolled downhill on the long drive without losing it off the pallet jack:
PXL_20210329_154039214.jpg

Crate dismantled and pulling stuff out of the pit to make it a lighter for the roll off and move.
lightening the load (2).jpg

Rolling off the skid:
about to roll off.jpg

Moving across the grass using some of the crate sides as the roadway.
Glad I got the bigger wheels:
Making the trip to patio.jpg

Cleaned up and in place:
opened and side table.jpg

The seasoning run about to take off:
Ran the pit at 250F, bumped it up to 300F and then back to 250F - total time about 6 hours ( I went to bed!).

PXL_20210330_215054675.jpg

First cook:
PXL_20210331_175707070.jpg

PXL_20210331_221238461.PORTRAIT.jpg

Nice pit!
So how did the ribs turn out!
Al

They were good. Dizzy Dust rub with mango BBQ sauce on the finish. I normally wrap them for an hour or so but I was in a time squeeze, a bit lazy, and ran the upper grate temp at 275F to push it along a bit faster than my norm. I was also spending my time tweaking vent adjustments and watching response to learn the pit's behavior. I ran the cook using Fogo lump with a Fireboard and a fan. I have a nice prime brisket in the fridge aging up a bit but want to do some more rudimentary stuff first and learn more about he pit's manners. Planning on running some splits through it next, sans blower of course.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky