LP crock pot

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbern

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2015
Southwest Minnesota
has anyone ever used a lp crock pot before? to be honest didn't even know they made them with lp.
was helping clerk an auction and in a lot that I ?hash=4dc774c0ab6ed287b428a5a9fa940249.jpg ended up with the bid was a Coleman slow cooker and it's a lp fired unit. didn't even know that it actually was in the box until a few days ago and i was sorting through all the stuff I had brought home from the auction.

wondering if somebody has used one and how they work for being able to set an accurate temp and hold it? don't know when i get a chance to try it out myself, but I now have the option with lp for a crock pot.
IMG_20220927_135811331.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220927_135819571.jpg
    IMG_20220927_135819571.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 8
Well that is just too cool. Does it run like off the little green bottles? Would be great to take camping.

Jim

Reactions: negolien
That's pretty cool. I'd never knew they existed. I read some online reviews and the #1 issue seems to be temp control in that it runs a little hot. Honestly, that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
I foresee Mississippi Pot Roast in your future. :emoji_wink::emoji_wink:

First one I've ever seen. Pretty cool, too. They make an adapter if you were to want to run off a 20lb cylinder.

New item to me. Pretty neat concept. I bet it would be hard to regulate the heat without burning things eventually.

That is too cool
Hope it works for you
Clerking? Did you bid to win or get the bidding fired up?
I won the bid, as I was after a tap & die set that was in the lot. It was a set made for very tiny hardware (kinda like stove bolt size) which I thought I might need someday??

That's pretty cool. I'd never knew they existed. I read some online reviews and the #1 issue seems to be temp control in that it runs a little hot. Honestly, that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
I foresee Mississippi Pot Roast in your future. :emoji_wink::emoji_wink:
I'm also thinking temp control might be touchy?? Pot roast sounds really good!!

First one I've ever seen. Pretty cool, too. They make an adapter if you were to want to run off a 20lb cylinder.
I have a hose that should work so I can hook to a 20lb tank. Will have to try it and make sure it does.

New item to me. Pretty neat concept. I bet it would be hard to regulate the heat without burning things eventually.
Yeah, it's probably not a turn it on and forget about it for awhile type of cooker. More of a keep a close eye on it while using??

Pretty cool. I've seen one once while having a picnic. People next to us were using it. Didn't think to ask how good it works. Pretty pricy from what I'm seeing.

Pretty cool. I've seen one once while having a picnic. People next to us were using it. Didn't think to ask how good it works. Pretty pricy from what I'm seeing.
yeah, i saw one listed on ebay for $307?? LOL!! otherwise, $50-65 range

Yeah, that's cool! It would be fun to use a graphing thermometer to see the temp swing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky