Lowest temperature for gravity fed or IVC smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sbaker25

Original poster
Jan 3, 2023
I recently started smoking sausage and want to do more of that and expand into meat snack sticks and jerky. I am using a Kamado Joe right now, which I love, but I want to buy a gravity fed (probably Assassin or Myron Mixon) or an LSG IVC. I was able to keep my KJ running at 150F without much trouble using a FlameBoss controller.

I was wondering if anyone has experience keeping an insulated vertical smoker running at a temperature at least that low? I was hoping to keep it down to two grills, but not sure my ideal smoker for things like brisket can also work for jerky and sausage.

Reactions: jack9bbq and Fubar
I recently started smoking sausage and want to do more of that and expand into meat snack sticks and jerky. I am using a Kamado Joe right now, which I love, but I want to buy a gravity fed (probably Assassin or Myron Mixon) or an LSG IVC. I was able to keep my KJ running at 150F without much trouble using a FlameBoss controller.

I was wondering if anyone has experience keeping an insulated vertical smoker running at a temperature at least that low? I was hoping to keep it down to two grills, but not sure my ideal smoker for things like brisket can also work for jerky and sausage.
I have a LSG IVC and I use a flame boss on it. I’ve never ran it at 150 but I have done a cool at 200 with NO issues. I’m looking to sell my IVC too..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky