Low Carb Left Over Chicken dishes?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I have some left over rotisserie chicken. Also saved bones and juice for stock. Wanting to make something low carb but I drawing a blank. What I really want is Chicken and Dumplings but I really got to get off the carbs!

Reactions: Smokensalt
I do a lot of Thai curry with leftover shredded chicken! Can of coconut milk, small can of Thai Kitchen curry paste, veggies and chicken. Depending on what else I have, sometimes I'll add more lemongrass, ginger, or fish sauce. Top with cilantro, toasted crushed peanuts, and a lime wedge. If you aren't going to put it over rice, you could add a little of your stock to thin it out into more of a soup than a curry.

Here’s a chicken soup I enjoyed that would be low carb!

Reactions: Omnivore
I love Thai chicken salad type with left over roti chicken. Get some lettuce, basil, avocado, tomato, any salad type that tickles your fancy.

Strip the chicken, toss it into lime juice, some oil, splash of soy and fish sauce. Throw it on top of the salad with some dry pan heated peanuts/cashew.

Reactions: bauchjw
I do a lot of Thai curry with leftover shredded chicken! Can of coconut milk, small can of Thai Kitchen curry paste, veggies and chicken. Depending on what else I have, sometimes I'll add more lemongrass, ginger, or fish sauce. Top with cilantro, toasted crushed peanuts, and a lime wedge. If you aren't going to put it over rice, you could add a little of your stock to thin it out into more of a soup than a curry.
You read my mind lol

Depending on how much chicken, my fav is a chicken soft taco. Wrap the heated chicken, some roasted hatch chilis, cole slaw, beans, quacamole, cheese. Sky is the limit.

For the chicken juices, will make excellent rices, juice instead of water.

Reactions: Smokensalt
That salad sounds delicious! Can't go wrong with anything that has a combo of fish sauce, lime juice and roasted peanuts.
Did a random Thai style soup last week with some left over rib eye and chicken breast. Really fast and easy. Oil, fry veg (large chopped onion, pepper and match stick carrots, chillies, garlic and ginger) add Thai paste, chicken stock with some coconut block dissolved, bring to boil. Drop in ramen noodles, fresh or dried. Boil for a min or 4 depending on noodles. Drop on thinly sliced meat. Eat. Was wicked.

• Love
Take the bones and boil to get a nice stock (use chicken stock to boil in), add some white wine and other herbs and reduce to get really nice and tasty, then while the broth is reducing, grill a cauliflower steak & thick onion slice on the grill or CI to get some nice char and color. Then take the chicken and cut cut up the cauliflower & onions into dumpling size and put that with the broth and add a Tbsp of Creme Fraise in then some GOs and fresh chopped herbs over the top..... Bingo, low carb chicken and dumplings......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky