Lord Stanley!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capt dan

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 2, 2007
Time to bring the cup back to hockeytown USA!

LET'S GO WINGS!!!

You scared me for a minute that is what we called a A***ole I worked with who just retired.

The cup was at the Game in pittsburg, I meant to bring it back to detroit and keep it there again. We shall see on Fri night!
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Dan,

As an impartial judge (ya know I love the Stars, we can talk about the new coach and such at another time), I think the Wings got hosed overall in the series. Horrible officiating, a noticeable bias, and we won't mention moving the start dates. But in Game 7, the Wings were just flat. Not taking too much away from the birds, but the game 5 wings looked a heck of a lot different than the game 7 wings. If I didn't know better, I'd swear they threw the game. Pens came out timid in the first, but got their confidence in the second. Wings just couldn't or didn't match them. Tough loss in a series that saw the wings play the pens, the refs, and the league. Oh, and on a side note, get rid of Hossa. He was invisible or worse.

SFIC :)

Looks to me like you watched the same series as I did. I couldn't agree more. I know They are working on a deal for hossa, 7 yrs I think. I hope they reconsider after his playoff lackluster play.
The Pens played hard every period of the last game, and thats what wins championship.

Congrats to the Pens.

I wonder if Cindy and Bettman are on vacation together somewhere soon!
icon_lol.gif

I have played the game since 5 and am 50 and still play on a seniors league. Have season tickets as well. I was bummed out big time. We just couldn't catch a break against Fleury. I was also very bummed out when all of the fans booed the presentation of the trophy to the Pens. This is a very old and extremely well respected championship trophy. I have not noticed other teams fans on tv boo the presentation. Maybe I just never payed attention, but standing there I was embarrassed. This is truly Hockeytown and I think we are ambassadors to the game.

Just my thoughts,
Ron

woooohoooooo i am going to stir the pot...lol

didnt want Pittsburg to win but i wanted Detroit to win even less...sorry guys... they have been a life long rival of my team forever... the Leafs

i get to rub this defeat in Mrs Teacup's face all year long, she is a Wings fan.(she was born in Pontiac)... i get a whole year of not hearing, "They are the best team in the league.."...lol

I noticed this, but I have a different take on it. I think instead of booing Pitt, they were booing Bettman. It's well known no one likes him or what he's done to the game.

Not sure how I missed this post but ... GO PENS!!! WOOHOO!!!

Just goes to show, Hossa ... it's not always greener on the other side ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky