Looking for suggestions on a 14" cimeter knife...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a 12" Victorinox that I like. It's easy to hone back into shape and is well balanced. They make the same model in 14".
onwz8Mb.jpg

Reactions: grubby64
Reactions: SmokinEdge
Another fan of Victorinox, They make really nice knives for the money.

I will check our local restaurant supply store. If they have one, I'll buy local.
I always try to support the local businesses when possible. That, and if I want something, I want it now. I don't care if I can get it cheaper by ordering it online, and mainly do that if it's something I can't go to town and buy.

My 14' is missing. I know- how in the F!!! do your (almost adult) kids lose a knife in a 1300 sq ft house..... Mine is/was a Victorinox from the 80's with a nice wooden handle. Had great hand feel. I suspect it was left in a disposable foil pan that my son tossed out straight into the city can when he cleaned up after I made a pulled pork a few weeks ago.

If it doesn't show up soon I'm going to replace it with a 12" Victorinox from the 20's

If I was still cutting up lots of beef primals I'd go a heavy 14 again. But I don't so I think maybe one of the 'plastique' handled ones might be the way I go.

After pulling out a measuring tape, I think a 12" cimeter will suffice. Thanks for the suggestions fellas.

I have the 14" Victorinox with Fibrox handle & it's big. I find it unwieldy at times, but boy does it cut a nice clean steak from a whole rib eye roast! Most other times, I wish it was smaller so I think the 12" may be a great decision.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky