Looking for suggestions.... griddle plate to be used in place of grill grates

  • Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin Braker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 21, 2018
I have a 1st gen Weber Smokefire that heats and maintains excellent. I would like to get a griddle flattop, but don't have the space, extra money or real need for a dedicated one. What are good companies the that make griddle inserts that would be good replacements fior the gates? If this is in the wrong forum, MODS please move....thnx

I'd measure your existing grates to get an idea of the size needed to fit. Lodge makes several cast iron griddles that maybe you could put on top of the grates? Camp Chef makes several sizes for their camp stoves. Maybe one of those will fit?
Weber makes a griddle that you can set on the grates, I bought 1 for my Q100 , measure your space and there are companys that make a bunch of different sizes. Amazon will be a good starting point when you know what size you need
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads