Looking for Seasoned Wood MidSouth

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Memphis901

Original poster
Jun 28, 2021
I am looking for sources for seasoned wood in the midsouth. Last couple I went and looked at in the Memphis area were covered in moss or had signs of bugs, both thought they were seasoned but didn't look or feel it at all.

Reactions: JLeonard
I am looking for sources for seasoned wood in the midsouth. Last couple I went and looked at in the Memphis area were covered in moss or had signs of bugs, both thought they were seasoned but didn't look or feel it at all.
How far are you willing to travel to pick it up? I have a source in the foothills of NC.

Reactions: Memphis901
You've always got the Ace Hardware B&B option, but if you're looking for a cord, that probably won't help you. Good luck

Edit: ...and you might find something on craigslist.

Last edited:
I'll assume by your forum name you are near Memphis so this may not help unless you're willing to travel, but TNJAKE TNJAKE has a good source near him. Have you looked on faceplant marketplace? I'm not on there, but I've read where others have sourced cooking wood there...

Look on Facebook marketplace. Here in the North is it easy to find Apple, Cherry, Maple, Pear, Mulberry and Oak.

Alabama Firewood Producers in Pelham (Birmingham area) sells green & seasoned oak and hickory for BBQ joints,restaurants, and wood fired pizza oven places. They have a website.

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome to the forum.
I'd do some snoopin' around the local BBQ joints. Not sure if managers/owners would give their source/s, but it's worth a try.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky