Lone star grillz pellet smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

southgadawg

Original poster
Jul 16, 2018
Need some help. I’m looking into buying one this smoker and need some advice on the fire board pid it uses as it’s main control function.

I have a pellet grill and use it often when I want to smoke something overnight or while I’m away at work. But I sometimes get power glitches that will cause the power to go out for a short amount of time at my house. Happens a couple times a month. I’ve had it happen when I’ve been cooking before and it shuts the smoker down. I have to go home and start it back up because you can’t turn the smoker back on without toggling the internet off switch.

Here’s my question: in that scenario, does anyone know if the fire board PID will allow you to restart your cook remotely using the wifi app if a power glitch like that happens and the power is back on?

My guess is that it would allow that...Having bought from LSG , they are excellent at answering all your questions. I'm sure Chris will get you the answer you need. 👍 After looking online, it appears that they have a backup battery in them..So it should just continue chugging along..👍

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky