Logging in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lemans

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2013
Jackson New Jersey
Hey
Am I the only one that keeps having to log in , even though I have “keep logged in” selected
Is it an iPhone thing???

I'm fairly new to the smartphone world.I just tried on my Android phone and there seems to be no login issues.

Do you have your browser set to "private" or "incognito" mode by chance? You may not have realized that it got switched over.

If it's any conciliation. I still haven't gotten my rotary phone to connect.:emoji_blush:

Chris

Sorry I don't own a cell phone, so I have no answers.

"If it's any conciliation. I still haven't gotten my rotary phone to connect.:emoji_blush:"

Took me a while to figure this out. It requires an in-line connection that goes on that 40 foot long cord you use so you can talk from anywhere in the house. The only issue arises when one of your neighbors jumps in on the party line and breaks your connection.

Remembering way back,
Robert

Party line, we had a three party line when my parents first moved up here back in 68. We were the double ring. We never found out who the other two parties were. When I bought a house in Georgia in 88 we had a two party line. My sister was famous for her attempted strangulation's when she was talking to her friends with that chord. Lime green phone hanging on the kitchen wall - what style.

Chris

Reactions: JC in GB
not sure why you can't stay logged in, but I miss the rotary phones to it's just hard to slam down a cell phone on unwanted calls, just don't get the same effect.

You guys are bringing back memories.

I remember my First Grade Teacher asked me if I knew what my Phone Number was.
I said, "It's 2 long & 1 short".

My first 3 grades had "outhouses", and my second grade was actually in one end of a Feed Mill.

Bear

Great Grandparents lived at the lake after they retired and I spent a lot of time there in the summers. They still had a crank phone and they knew who every ring code belonged to. Whenever Miser The Undertaker's ring would come up the entire party line would pick up to see who died. (I never heard him referred to just as "Miser," which was his name. It was always "Miser The Undertaker."

I grew up with a party line, too. First phone number had a 2 letter prefix, then 5 digits. My wife's parents had a rotary wall phone until just a few years ago. Our niece would poke her little fingers in the dial, like they were push buttons. She was amazed when taught to dial, and the click, click, click sound as the dial rotated back.

We still have some of the Ash Trays my Dad had made to advertise his "Construction" Business, and our Phone # is on them---"1199W".

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky