Live edge clock

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
My first live edge clock from a apple tree I downed last year. Slabbed a piece of one end. Dried in the micro wave to lose all the moisture. 30 seconds at a time works great. Planed and sanded. Routered the back to fit the clock machanical part. Lasered a clock and Harley davidson emblem. It is now getting a few coats of clear Varathane in my make shift painting booth.

20240504_124949.jpg

Last edited:
Buddy told me the tree is not as big as the hands of the clock, I told him I should have waited another 40 years for the tree to grow up. Ya right like I'm 67 in a few days and I can wait that long LOL

Reactions: DieselTech
You are going to town on your laser printer. Good for you. I have done a lot of the same but never posted it here. Then I got bored and moved on to other things. I need to get back into it. Right now I am spending a lot of time on 3D printing. I have a new #D printer I am spending many hours on since I bought it and will post soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky