Links

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
It is against the rules to post links to other sites unless it is to one of our sponsors. The only time commercial links or You Tube links should be posted is if it is needed to help answer someone's question in a thread. You can say hey check out this or that and name the place like Amazon or Butcher Packer, or whatever without posting a link. We have been seeing way to many links being posted that shouldn't be

Don't know how to post em anyways , but thought this post should get some attention too! Sorry Jerry! But I said I would! :emoji_blush:
Seriously, I know your point. You and all the other staff do a good job! It's appreciated!

Ryan

I need apologize for doing that very thing. I’ve done that a few times. Sorry.

It happens once in awhile many of us are guilty of slipping up and most of the time staff will ignore a rare link but then it seems we see more and more until there's just way to much

piney,
I got jumped on early on when I joined up on SMF for posting what I thought was original information by a member of another forum. I did not know at the time that it was plagiarized off Len Poli's site. So if I am helping a member, I like to try and leave a link to the original information when possible. Any clarification on this point?

piney,
I got jumped on early on when I joined up on SMF for posting what I thought was original information by a member of another forum. I did not know at the time that it was plagiarized off Len Poli's site. So if I am helping a member, I like to try and leave a link to the original information when possible. Any clarification on this point?

"The only time commercial links or You Tube links should be posted is if it is needed to help answer someone's question in a thread"
So it's needed to answer someone's question and isn't a problem nor is it against the rules

Reactions: indaswamp
ops piney, I've been guilty a few times recently.... note to self take a screen capture and post description.....

Thanks for the reminder!

My ole memory can't remember the the TOS of this forum Or Any of the other forums I follow and I Don't want to be chastised for trying to help others by inadvertently posting a link management doesn't like. If you have a photographic memory more power to ya but I have Ole Timer's. I don't post anything for monetary gain. I don't promote products I'm not familiar with, be it an on site product or otherwise. I will post a link for someone who's google foo skills are weak. If I think I've found a possible answer to someone's question, I post it regardless of where it comes from. If anyone doesn't like that then you aren't interested in trying to solve problems or sharing info.

The only ole family secret recipes around me are the ones that were never written down in understandable form because none of us cooked anything for profit. My mother had several recipes that I don't think ever had a written recipe. The one I miss the most is her dressing recipe. I watched her make it several times a year for ~50 years and still can't make it. Another is her vinegar(or syrup) pie recipe. I found it once but it was so missing details I need that it was next to worthless. YMMV!!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky