LifeSmart 22" Kamado grill review (kinda)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
Hey Y‘all,

I just wanted to do a quick write-up on my new Lifesmart 22” Kamado style grill.

I am in no way affiliated with Lifesmart, but did not find any information when I searched here on the forum.

The Grill: this is not meant as a direct comparison to any other Kamado style grill. Simply from my point of view look at the grill with a slightly better review than you might get on amazon.

This grill is a beast, weighing in at close to 250 pounds. Even though the grill is listed as 22 inches, the cooking grates, which there are two levels, are approximately 18 ¾ inches. You’ll definitely need help lifting the chamber onto the included rolling stand.

From what I can tell, not being a metallurgist, the stainless steel on this grill is high quality and much better than other things I have seen manufactured in Asia.

The stand, with rolling wheels looks a lot more substantial than others I have looked at. The grill is airtight and comes with a double-insulating pads between the base and the lid. On my first cook it took me about an hour to get it settled in on 225°. I simply followed the basic instructions on top and bottom vent settings from the instructions included I used a lump charcoal setup in a volcano style pile and lit the middle with a grill starting Cube. Once this thing gets to 225 it stayed within 4-5°for the full five-hour cook.

The lid is spring loaded so it is easy to lift and won’t get away from you like another metal Kamado I have experienced.

I can’t vouch for their accuracy of the built- in thermometer, as I use a grate level Inkbird to measure temperature.

The package came with some extras such as a cover, an electric coal starter(which I will never use), and a stone/diffuser.

If I had to knock off bonus points it would be because there is no built in ash pan , which requires a quick shop Vac suck to clean out IMG-2786.jpg IMG-2787 (1).jpg the ashes. If you use lump, as you should, there will be very low ash from a 5 hour cook.

Any questions, just ask away.

John

Nice write up. Looks very much like my Vision Classic Kamado. I use an electric loops lighter often to light mine. Simple and fast.

Nice write up. Looks very much like my Vision Classic Kamado. I use an electric loops lighter often to light mine. Simple and fast.
vision looks like a real quality grill as well.I looked at a bunch online but couldn't find one to see in person, much like other ceramic grills. being an old fart I'm at the point where I like to touch things before I buy them.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky