Leggs Zesty italian Sausage Mix

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seaham358

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 18, 2007
Hyde Park, NY
I used the Leggs Old Plantation spice mix and it turned out real good.
around a 50/50 Pork butt and Venison mix, ground once and mixed meat then mixed spices in water real good
and poured over meat. I mixed this real good and let sit a while for the flavors to blend then I mixed again.
About 1lb of it I mixed in Red pepper flakes to see how that would taste... It was super, will do all of it next time.

Meat mixed

Stuffing 1st casings with new Sausage stuffer... This stuffer works GREAT!!!!

Finished product.. I sealed in Foodsaver bags and put in freezer.

seaham358
Looks great, didn't take you long to get that down !!!
Decided not to give the sausages a few hours of cold smoke?

No smoke for these.. Its raining out and I got my fill of smoke yesterday.
The next batch I may try a cold smoke.. When I do cheese its a real PIA to keep the temps down.

Quick... That sausage stuffer cut my time in half if not more.. I used to cram the meat back into the grinder and slave away to get them casings filled. This stuffer is a must have if you make sausage, snack stick..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky