Leftover meat in elbow of 11# Hakka stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Philthy Phil

Original poster
Jul 2, 2022
I picked up an 11# Hakka vertical stuffer and it works great. The only issue is the quantity of meat left over in the elbow after the plunger hits the bottom of the hopper.

Does anyone have any tricks to get the leftover meat down through the elbow and into the casing? I have been removing the meat hopper and pushing it out of the elbow into the casing with my fingers. This is easier with the larger casings but does not work with snack sticks. Could I maybe put some water in there and close the air purge valve to push it out?

Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

My LEM 5# stuffer doesn't leave as much as yours does, but I either hand stuff what's left, or fry it up as patties.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Here's a trick I learned from someone somewhere... CRS sucks!
Add a wad of frozen buns on top of the meat. Fill casing until the bread starts coming out.

Add a wad of frozen buns on top of the meat. Fill casing until the bread starts coming out.
My LEM 5# stuffer doesn't leave as much as yours does, but I either hand stuff what's left, or fry it up as patties.
Thanks Doug
I will definitely give this a shot!

Thank you for the reply

I usually run a slice of stale bread through the grinder when I'm done .
Never had to do it with the stuffer , but should work great .

Reactions: Philthy Phil
Walton's sell these foam eggs, just load them in on top of your exit pipe, they will go in there and push all the meat out.

Attachments

• 61f31611dbdfd714314216__98361.jpg
    61f31611dbdfd714314216__98361.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 15
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky