Learned a lesson

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 31, 2014
Michigan
Spun a Tri tip this evening I have been trying some other seasonings and finally pushed it to far. Went with a steak rub and I piled it on hoping to build a nice crust which didn't really happen, I'll be sticking to SPOG,Cajun or lighter other seasonings from now on. The wife wouldn't even eat it,it wasn't that bad.:biggrin:

Here's a finished shot it looked and smelled good!

And a plated one.

Reactions: donegotfat
It darn sure looks good! Bummer that the wife wont eat it... but that leaves some left and you can send it to us
sausage.gif

KISS, Keep It Simple Smoker!

Works every time!

With that said it looks great on the plate!

Chop it all up and add it to stew or make a tri tip shepards pie. Might help with the spice.

It darn sure looks good! Bummer that the wife wont eat it... but that leaves some left and you can send it to us :sausage:

Don't worry I can still eat it! Just not as great as I was hoping for.

KISS, Keep It Simple Smoker!

Works every time!

With that said it looks great on the plate!

Chop it all up and add it to stew or make a tri tip shepards pie. Might help with the spice.

Yeah I was just pushing my luck,I'll still eat it most likely with some over Esay eggs on top for breakfast on Sunday seeing we have to be in around 3 am yippie!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky