Lawry's Salt on Rib Roast?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Count Porcula

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2020
Hope it's okay to post a non-smoking question.

My best friend is moving to Florida from the northeastern tundra. I was going to smoke a brisket when he got here, but today at the store, they were giving rib roasts away for $7 per pound. My hands were tied.

I never put anything except salt, garlic, and butter on rib roasts, and they're sublime, but he keeps telling me I should use Lawry's instead. I think he has a big box of it somewhere he rolls in. He loves it.

Has anyone here tried Lawry's on a rib roast? I am always suspicious of packaged seasoning mixes. They remind me of things like Hamburger Helper.

Ordinarily, I would take it out of the package today, apply salt, butter, and garlic, and let it sit in the fridge until the weekend.

If it was my rib roast I probably would use something else. Either SPOG, or I like Meat Church Holy Cow on all beef, Jeffs Texas rub would be good to. Lawyry's is very salty and I would be concerned about overdoing it.

Reactions: negolien
I couldn't make myself try it. I hate to risk it. My buddy is a sick Lawry's addict, so he is thinking of fixing a second roast with Lawry's.

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky