Knotty wood pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CrownPoint210

Original poster
Sep 17, 2019
Hi all,
I currently use BBQrs Delight pellets and they are a good pellets. However, I'm looking for a deeper smoke flavor and curious if Lumberjack with the bark processed or Knotty Wood if there really is a little deeper smoke flavor? Also, anyone who used Knotty Wood, is the almond or plum a lighter smoke like pecan? TIA

Reactions: alfredo.daniel67
I really like Lumberjack. I think a lot of the smoke flavor depends on how hot you’re going too. Higher temps have less. I also augment with AMAZN pellet smoker for longer cooks. Also, not sure what you’re using, but Just picked up some Island Outdoor, LLC High Temp Nomex Gasket tape to seal my traeger door. So much leaks out. Tried to attach a pic, but it’s not working. Hope this helps!
18861AFE-BDBA-487E-983B-3117EBC6BBFF.jpeg

I use, and really like, LumberJack 100% Hickory. BBQers Delight is a mixed wood pellet. It's 60% or so Oak and the rest flavor wood. I have used B&B Hickory which I understand is rebranded BBQers Delight and prefer the LJ pellets.

No experience with the Knotty Wood pellets. I just heard of them the other day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky