Kettle Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Not much pictures. Was not planning on posting but these where so freaking good had to share what I did! Injected with Tony Chachere's Butter & Jalapeno Marinade in the morning. Did not even dry the skin just seasoned with Weber's kickin chicken than onto the kettle with Vortec. Got to use that used chop saw finally and cut off a piece of pecan and placed above Vortec. Boy that saw makes a mess! Seemed like nothing went into dust bag. Kettle been running cooler lately. Probably the Royal Oak charcoal. I am on the last 2 bags from a few years ago. Going back to Kingsford and guess be paying full price since charcoal sales seem to be gone now. Normally these be done in 40 minutes. Temped at 155 so flipped and another 15 to get to 185. I put over coals for about 30 seconds a side. Skin was perfectly crispy. These where so juicy and great smoke flavor. Really not much visible smoke coming out during the cook but was really impressed with the smoke flavor.

483621-d8767a5526222f14954507aa63acb0c7.jpg

Those look beautiful Brian!! Very nice cook on those things. I'd have loved to be at your table when those were served.

Robert

Those look perfect! Gotta love those chicken thighs, they seem to be more popular in this area and sold out a lot more. Great work!

Those look perfect Brian. Love the concept of simple and good. Kickin' Chicken is a really good rub. I like all the Weber rubs tbh. Chicken thighs are my fav!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky