Keeping Burgers the Same Size

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well the powdered milk you buy at the store is not the same as they use in the production of sausages and meats, the powdered milk for using in meat processing is a very fine powder like cornstarch

If your going to add a binder to your burgers a better choice would be soy protein concentrate, it has more than 250 times the amount of protein as meat on a lb per lb basis

it will help your burgers retain more of it's natural juices, powder milk should also do the job  except for the protein part

No surprise to me.  I have always believed it was more about binding properties and less about moisture retention.

Others with more experience will weigh in.

Good luck and good smoking.

Burgers should be 100% American Beef. Don't leave out the fat. That's what makes it good.

beercheer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky