Keeping Brats warm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cobycarling

Original poster
Jun 21, 2015
Utah
All, looking for some help. I have to cook 240 brats for my sons high school football team this Thursday. I plan to smoke them. I have the ability to do them all at one time but will need to keep them warm for up to a few hours afterwards while the team filters through to eat between practices and games. I was going to put them in an electric roaster with some apple juice to keep them moist and hopefully not pull the smoke flavor out of them and not to overpower them with something else flavor wise. What would you suggest? Or does my plan seem to make sense.

aTmXoPm.jpg
3tchQ9m.jpg
When I cooked brats at work we would buy 14 of the 18 packs, and cook about 150 in the first batch, then hot hold in a roaster. Then stagger cooking the remaining in either one batch or two smaller batches. depending on how fast they were being eaten.

My holding liquid was a non-alcohol beer, butter, onion, hot sauce bath. But we did not hold them more than 30 or 40 minutes. I'd be curious to see what "a few" hours would do to the casings. Maybe duplicate your method with 5 sausages to insure the casings will be okay?

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky