Kabanosy Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
NEPA,

You have way more self control than I do.  I made a little over 9 lbs, and only 5 sticks survived the drying process.  I have a 15lb batch ready to stuff this evening, have to figure out a way to store them until they are dry.  My neighbor keeps offering to let me hang them in his patio, but I fell for that one before.
Yeah dont trust neighbor with smoked goodies.

laugh1.gif

I have to hide stuff here too..

I am gonna start on my Kabonsy next week..Yaaaaaaaa...

Craig

Do you have to let these dry out? How long you usually let them hang to dry out? Where do you let them hang, fridge or room temp? Thanks alot and AWESOME looking sausage!!
I have the same questions, and also hope to get measurements for the spices. I've got a new stuffing plate and small diameter tube, collagen casings, and am hoping to make these when the snow starts flying this weekend!

Cool, Marianski's recipes are usually pretty good.  Some say on the bland side, but way better than some of the recipes that Len Poli posts.  Mine is pretty close to his, except I add a little more caraway and I also add Allspice and Garlic.  Just remember the worst Kabanos is still better than the best Slim Jim

Cool, Marianski's recipes are usually pretty good.  Some say on the bland side, but way better than some of the recipes that Len Poli posts.  Mine is pretty close to his, except I add a little more caraway and I also add Allspice and Garlic.  Just remember the worst Kabanos is still better than the best Slim Jim
I work in large-ish manufacturing facility (250 employees first shift, about one hundred combined on the 2nd and 3rd shifts) and I have some Polish expats among my friends there - I can't wait to get "expert" opinions on my Kabanos!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky