Just got Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite 40" Vertical Gas Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Zozr:  I am a newbie too.  I got my Masterbuilt Duel Fuel Pro (gas/charcoal) at Christmas.  I use just wood chunks in the pan.  I took the advice of some smoking veterans and hammered down the slits in the chip pan and I use a handle-less cast iron griddle that is about 9-10 inch round and covered the chip pan.  I put my non-wet wood chunks in there; but I learned really fast not to put too much wood at one time.  It seems you get a lot of billowing white smoke then.  I use a couple nice size chunks at a time.  I also started getting the nice blue smoke this last smoke; after I got some of that high-temp tape strip and lined the inside of the smoker door with it.  It really helped fill the gaps so that all my heat/smoke wouldn't escape.  Again, another tip from the veterans.  Working nicely now..I smoked a whole chicken the day after Christmas and just smoked a 9-pound pork butt on Wednesday.  Came out really nice with the nice pink smoke ring on the meat.  I attached some pictures for you.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky