just got a camp chef pf24 grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jersey Jimbo

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 26, 2020
At the Shore
I am use to smoking on a smoke hollow that used wood chips. I broke the new smoker in as per CC. But I am doing the 3-2-1 ribs for my first smoke, tomorrow a brisket. I am noticing little to no smoke from smoker, is this what people mean when they say little smoke flavor, and use a smoke tube, Just asking for future reference thanks

At higher temps pellet smokers produce less smoke. I have a GMG pellet and have recently started using a tube for extra smoke. Some pellets produce more flavor than others. Enjoy! Will be doing ribs this weekend also.

Congrats on the new smoker. Hope you find the answer you are seeking. But many do suggest a tray or tube smoker addition.

Warren

Congratulations on the new Camp Chef.

You won't get the same flavor profile as when using a stick burner. I find cooking low (225) and slow on mine helps a lot. I will start mine on the low smoke setting and adjust to the high smoke setting when I put the meat on. It seems to smoke more when I run it that way. You'll figure it out as you use it more. I don't use a tube and it smokes fine. Just hang in there and have fun.

My experience with smoking meats is restricted to Little Chiefs, A Bradley original, and now a CC Woodwind 24. Lots of smoke flavor with the Little Chiefs and the Bradley; not so much with the Camp Chef. I use a tube filled with pellets on all my smokes in the CC now. Even with that, the smoke flavor intensity will not be on par with a stick burner. But it will enhance the smoke flavor when compared to not using a tube. Smoke tubes are cheap and there are plenty to choose from. I would suggest it is a good investment, flavor wise.

And I think you'll find there's room for more than one smoke tube in your 24" Camp Chef as well if one isn't giving you enough good smoke.

thanks for that info I ordered a smoke tube, will try one first if more smoke is wanted I will get another one too. Does it make a difference if you burn chips or pellets in the tube

I do a mix of hickory bark and pellets, tubes can be had at Walmart for $19.99

got my smoke tube today gave it a try did wings and poppers the smoke it gives off reminded me of my wood chip smoker. Got a nice smoke taste, maybe a second one will give me more flavor and I want to thank all how recommended the smoke tube.

got my smoke tube today gave it a try did wings and poppers the smoke it gives off reminded me of my wood chip smoker. Got a nice smoke taste, maybe a second one will give me more flavor and I want to thank all how recommended the smoke tube.
That's what we're here for Jimbo! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_wink:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky