Jumped protocol

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeyroad

Original poster
Apr 18, 2007
Alpharetta
Hey everyone, my name is smokeyroad...and I am a Q-aholic. Sorry I missed the intro thread and went straight to sapping people for info...an honest noob mistake. Anyhoo, I have Brinkmann Smoke King Deluxe that I got free last year from a friend. I was having trouble getting to proper cooking temps and maintaing even temps all together, so I found this place; which by the way is an amazing resource of info for people like me who aren't quite sure where to begin. Last summer I smoked a good bit of meat and a lot of it had to be finished in the oven, after burning through tons of charcoal. That was frustrating and costly. I hope to work my way past that with all of the great tips I am picking up here. Aside from BBQ, I homebrew, garden, and generally love most outdoor activities. I look forward to learning from you all. Thanks!

Welcome to the SMF smokeyroad. Tons of great info on everything to do with smoking and then some. Be sure to sign up for Jeff's free Free 5-Day eCourse, It's a great place to start.

Super nice folks here, so jump right in with any and all questions and comments.

Glad you found us!!

Welcome to the SMF. Glad you found us.
icon_cool.gif

Protocol schmotocol!

Fact is you are here! And we're all happy about that!

Enjoy your time with your new family here at SMF!

Cheers!

Welcome, and don't feel too bad. I think I did the same thing, and in fact, there are some that never sign in to the roll call area....

Glad to have you here.

Bill

Welcome aboard. This is a great place to learn. These guys have enabled me to smoke stuff that family and friends enjoy & actually eat!

Yeah, what Monty said!!

As you have found, SMF is a wealth of info that if not taken in small doses can overload your mind!! Take a few moments and sign up for Tulsa Jeff's FREE Smoking Basic 5-day eCourse. It has a lot of great info for anyone who smokes food. And the neat thing is that it's FREE!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Enjoy!!

Smokeyroad,

Welcome aboard SMF. Whats a Q-aholic? Do you start your 'Q ...... and get real drunk
icon_lol.gif
We already have a smoke-aholic, now a Q-aholic do we need a 12 step program link here? Seriously though, glad you have the bug!

Welcome Smokeyroad -

I think a large percent of us here could say we're smoke-aholics! We did a thread about that a few months back. In any event glad you found us!

Sounds like you're only a step behind our resident DIY'er Debi...Stick around and you'll be making homemade cheese and building your own smoker in no time!!!
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky