July Throwdown Voting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'SMF Throwdowns' started by bmudd14474, Aug 9, 2013.

Who wins?

Poll closed Aug 16, 2013.
  1. 1)Smoked manicotti stuffed with ricotta and arugula topped with a pulled pork and smoked vegetable r

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2)Sweet kugel with homemade Caramel ice cream

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3)Sweet and sour chicken with stir fried veggies, shrimp and kelp noodles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4)Summer Smokin’ Salad- To beat the summer heat, get the cold smoke flowing. This flavorful pasta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5)Beef shortribs smoked with mesquite and marinated/basted with homemade teriyaki sauce, grilled org

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6)Lobster Mac and Cheese Pipette Pasta with White Cheddar and Parmesan Cheese, Lobster Meat, and Pa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7)"BLAZIN BEEF AND BOWTIES" This is a cherry smoked angus rump, Sliced and served over a bed of sour

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 8)Lobster Carbonara

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9)Cajun smoked striped rag noodles- cold smoked homemade striped rag noodles (fire roasted red peppe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10)Oak Smoked Beef Short Rib Stroganoff: Beef Short Rib - Smoked and Braised with Red Wine Sautéed M

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 11)Smoked eggplant parmesan with homemade meat sauce and linguini

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 12)Smoked butternut squash raviolo with egg yolk in a sage brown butter sauce with bacon crumbles an

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. 13)Crab stuffed smoked shrimp with hand made pappardelle with roasted red pepper cream sauce, jumbo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. 14)Smoked pulled pork in a bbq tomato sauce stuffed in a jumbo shell pasta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 15)Quattro Fuma Spiral Manicotti, Lasagna Fatty

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

1)Smoked manicotti stuffed with ricotta and arugula topped with a pulled pork and smoked vegetable ragout and mozzarella. Served with a summer salad of arugula, basil, strawberries and balsamic vinaigrette, a toasted slice of beer sourdough bread, and local red wine.

2)Sweet kugel with homemade Caramel ice cream

3)Sweet and sour chicken with stir fried veggies, shrimp and kelp noodles

4)Summer Smokin’ Salad-  To beat the summer heat, get the cold smoke flowing.  This flavorful pasta salad consists of smoked bowtie noodles, tri-colored bell peppers and corn on the cob all smoked with a blend of peach and pecan for that subtle hint of citrus smoke flavor.  Mixed with a salad of heirloom tomatoes and Kirby cucumbers that are dressed with a herb infused vinaigrette then topped with a layer of fresh herbs,  smoked mahi mahi fish dip and smoked pepper jack cheese.   

5)Beef shortribs smoked with mesquite and marinated/basted with homemade teriyaki sauce, grilled organic carrots, and stir fried noodles and broccoli.  Topped off with some sesame seeds and red pepper.

6)Lobster Mac and Cheese Pipette Pasta with White Cheddar and Parmesan Cheese, Lobster Meat, and Panko Crust cooked in an 8 inch cast iron skillet on a Weber 22.5 with Lump Charcoal and Mesquite Chunks.

7)"BLAZIN BEEF AND BOWTIES"
    This is a cherry smoked angus rump, Sliced and served over a bed of sour cream "based" strogonoff bowtie noodles. Topped with au jus, sliced mushrooms and roasted garlic. Fire roasted habanero rings to add some zip.
    Served with a grilled and seasoned fresh sliced avocado and buttered bakery rolls. Extra roasted garlic anyone? YUM!

8)Lobster Carbonara 

Three of the main ingredients were smoked with different woods to create a chorus of smoked flavor harmony

Using my humidified cold smoker, I was able to smoke the home made spaghetti with mesquite pellets.

The Lobster was apple smoked at 160F.

And the home-made bacon was maple smoked.

Home pasteurized eggs were used. I feel eggs are important to the concept of Carbonara.

9)Cajun smoked striped rag noodles- cold smoked homemade striped rag noodles (fire roasted red pepper pasta dough and egg noodle dough) with home made andouillle sausage, shrimp, and chicken.  Served with fresh basil, shaved parmesan cheese, and chilled smoked asparagus.

10)Oak Smoked Beef Short Rib Stroganoff: Beef Short Rib - Smoked and Braised with Red Wine Sautéed Mushroom Trio - Shiitake, Oyster and Baby Home Made Egg NoodlesSmokey Stroganoff SauceBella

11)Smoked eggplant parmesan with homemade meat sauce and linguini

12)Smoked butternut squash raviolo with egg yolk in a sage brown butter sauce with bacon crumbles and an orange goat cheese foam

13)Crab stuffed smoked shrimp with hand made pappardelle with roasted red pepper cream sauce, jumbo lump crab meat, black beans, flame roasted corn and tri-color pepper confetti.

14)Smoked pulled pork in a bbq tomato sauce stuffed in a jumbo shell pasta

15)Quattro Fuma Spiral Manicotti, Lasagna Fatty

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

*****ATTENTION. Entry #6 doesn't have the code word in it. The person that entered it realized and sent another picture with the code word. It was the same plating and table setting but the second picture wasn't as good as the first. I opted to use the first as it shows it better. This entry should not be disqualified. *****

3. bmudd14474

also I apologize for the delay. I do not have internet currently at the new house we moved too so this greatly delayed posting the thread.

Happy voting.

4. I'm pretty new around here and this will be my first time participating...  

I would like to congratulate and thank each person who entered!             [​IMG]

Best of luck to all of you, wish I could sample a taste of each entry (or at least be able to smell them...)

5. jarjarchef

jarjarchef Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great job all!

6. dj mishima

dj mishima Meat Mopper

Great job everyone!

Sadly, I opted to sit this one out. I just couldn't get inspiration to strike. I almost made a last minute entry, but felt I would have just been phoning it in. After seeing these dishes, I believe I made the right call.

Good luck to all who entered!

7. Great job everyone! This was a great turnout. Best of luck to all the competitors!

8. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

They all look incredible! Kudos to every entrant!

Red

9. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

OK this is just getting out of control. BBQ is supposed to be hanging out on the back porch with an old rusty grill drinking a beer and fighting the flare ups with a bottle of water and then....ooops I burnt the burgers because the dog got out the gate and I had to chase him down the street....but everybody ate their burnt burgers and knew they were the best they ever had! And now you are making it look like a 5 star restaurant!

I'm just messing with you, these pictures just go to show the Awesome Talent we have here at SMF!!!! It goes to show with the knowledge here to share we all can do anything! This is why SMF is the best forum on the interweb!
    I think every entry here is a big winner, all of you have put together very incredible dishes!!!

Brian, when does the voting end? This is a photo finish and I think I'm going to have to call for an instant replay review before I can vote.....this could take awhile!!!

Congrats everyone!!! This is way over the top!!!

10. kathrynn

kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great job everyone....I am going to have to really think about these before I vote. [​IMG]

Kat

11. big game cook

big game cook Smoking Fanatic

awesome entries again. amazing the creativity from NOODLES.

12. thoseguys26

thoseguys26 Master of the Pit

If there was a SMF restaurant, I'd relocate myself just to live close by...  Without tasting these all, this will be a hard one to imagine and make a final vote..

13. webowabo

webowabo Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

My thoughts one both... exactly!

A SMF restaurant would be AWESOME! ... have rotating member chefs.... hehe... 

GREAT LOOKING DISHES. GOOD JOB CHEFS :)

14. pgsmoker64

pgsmoker64 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Nicely done everyone!

I couldn't compete in this one but I sure am happy that others did!!!

Congratulations to the entrants.

Bill

15. bmudd14474

Dave I Ends On The 16th

16. thoseguys26

thoseguys26 Master of the Pit

Seriously, Jeff Get to work! :)

17. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

There are some very creative folks here......  Good job on the throwdown.......     [​IMG]

18. [​IMG]  I'm [​IMG]  It all looks like[​IMG]  [​IMG][​IMG]

It all looks GREAT!

Happy smoken.

David

19. spork

spork Newbie

I had thought about using Udon noodles in a dish, but as the newbie, I would have only had a few days to get going. After seeing these dishes: homemade noodles? Off the hook!

20. bdskelly

bdskelly Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Awesome... Every one of them. Tough ingredient but these folks really shined! B