Joining the Fun

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texasmoker

Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
I have been reading the board for quiet a while and have gotten quite a bit of information and help. My experience includes a small 6 lb brisket and a 15 lb brisket some chicken and ribs here and there. I am a wood smoker and love tending to the fire all night. I do have a question that I am not sure has been addressed. What is the best way to ship meat? I have a vacusaver but I don't know if I need to freeze it and send it in a cooler or just seal it, either way I would overnight it. Thanks for the help!

Welcome aboard. Some great friends on this forum. you will learn alot. I know when I shipped some fish across the country, I used dry ice. Fish was not pre-frozen though.

Welcome to the site. Not sure about shipping the meat but if overnighting and frozen I would think good insulation would work out but if you have access to dry ice I would definitely go that route.
Could purchase dry ice in every supermarket when I lived in AZ but here in Jersey it is evidently illegal to sell it in stores...go figure.

Glad to have you as part of the SMF. Looks like you're off to a good start my friend.

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly members.

Be sure to check out Jeff's 5Day Smoking Basics eCourse, you can find it here it's "FREE"...5 Day e Course

Everyone here like seeing the qview so be sure to post plenty.

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. As was already mentioned, we do like qview so make sure to post pics of your smoking projects.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky