Johnson Custom T-Pit 24" for sale in Central Missouri - SOLD SOLD SOLD

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grandpax4

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 13, 2015
Centralia, MO
Pit (Reverse Flow) 17 sq ft of cooking space! 1/4" new steel
Total pit measures 6ft long and 2ft wide. It consists of a 6ft long main chamber that’s 24 inches in diameter. Two cooking racks within each door measuring 32” by 22” and 32 by 17” giving you right at 17sq ft of square feet of cooking surface. The pit has a 2ft by 2ft firebox with twin 6” by 4” vents for ample airflow. There are 2 stacks with rain caps set to pull the heat out at “cooking grate level.” They are 3.5” in diameter and measure 2.5ft long. Setting them at the same level as the cooking racks keeps the heat in the cooking chamber longer making the pit burn less wood and making the stacks more than 32″ long allows for a more sustained draw of smoke from the cooking chamber. ****The pit is designed with industry standard Reverse Flow; yet with this pit it is an advanced process by creating a design that takes away all hot spots in the pit. There is no need to adjust anything. It’s a T-design heat flow, instead of the standard offset firebox. The smoke and heat travels up from the firebox and hits a steel baffle that protects the cooking rack from being exposed to direct flames from below. The heat/smoke travels on both the left AND right side of the cooking chamber before it is released upward to the cooking surface. So you can smoke ribs one day then charcoal steaks the next on the very same pit!!!!!!!
I added the two 1/4 inch steel charcoal trays, stainless steel cooking racks, steel caster base, probe port. I seasoned this pit and did one cook on it. Basically brand new! I have $2500.00 in the unit and paid to have it shipped. I have some great pictures of the pit by cannot get them to load. Attaching a few from the site - these do not have the solid steel wheel base, the one I am selling does

24-t-pit-2.JPG

24-t-pit-4.JPG

Pit (Reverse Flow) 17 sq ft of cooking space! 1/4" new steel
Total pit measures 6ft long and 2ft wide. It consists of a 6ft long main chamber that’s 24 inches in diameter. Two cooking racks within each door measuring 32” by 22” and 32 by 17” giving you right at 17sq ft of square feet of cooking surface. The pit has a 2ft by 2ft firebox with twin 6” by 4” vents for ample airflow. There are 2 stacks with rain caps set to pull the heat out at “cooking grate level.” They are 3.5” in diameter and measure 2.5ft long. Setting them at the same level as the cooking racks keeps the heat in the cooking chamber longer making the pit burn less wood and making the stacks more than 32″ long allows for a more sustained draw of smoke from the cooking chamber. ****The pit is designed with industry standard Reverse Flow; yet with this pit it is an advanced process by creating a design that takes away all hot spots in the pit. There is no need to adjust anything. It’s a T-design heat flow, instead of the standard offset firebox. The smoke and heat travels up from the firebox and hits a steel baffle that protects the cooking rack from being exposed to direct flames from below. The heat/smoke travels on both the left AND right side of the cooking chamber before it is released upward to the cooking surface. So you can smoke ribs one day then charcoal steaks the next on the very same pit!!!!!!!
I added the two 1/4 inch steel charcoal trays, stainless steel cooking racks, steel caster base, probe port. I seasoned this pit and did one cook on it. Basically brand new! I have $2500.00 in the unit and paid to have it shipped. I have some great pictures of the pit by cannot get them to load. Attaching a few from the site - these do not have the solid steel wheel base, the one I am selling does

24-t-pit-2.JPG

24-t-pit-4.JPG
Wh

After 1 cook why are you selling it? I am looking at reverse flow smokers but not sure how this one works as I have been looking at offsets. I would be very interest in driving from Alabama to pick this up.

Last edited:
sir,,i will buy this immediately if avail,,, i see it says sold,,hoping it fell through

ill need shipped to ny area

joe 347 979 6766

text me

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky