Jerky?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 8, 2009
Newalla,Oklahoma
Has any one tried doing jerky on their pellet smoker?

If so how did it turn out and do you have any pics to share??

If you want smoky jerky simply cold smoke it after its dried.

Or smoke it for an hour or two while it is still cold and wet so more smoke particulates adhere to the meat. Then transfer it to a dehydrator or the oven.

My GMG's lowest temperature is 150°. I have not made jerky on it since it is a lot easier to add a little liquid smoke to the marinade and put it in the dehydrator.

Reactions: Jabiru
Has any one tried doing jerky on their pellet smoker?

Sure, it works great. I have done a several batches. Use the lowest temp you can. My Memphis only gets down to 180F so you've really got to watch it.

Reactions: BC Buck
I do it like eddiememphis eddiememphis suggests. If I add cure #1 to the Jerky I cold smoke it for a few hours, then into dehydrator.

Or i simply pop it in my GMG at 150F and for a few hours, then into dehydrator. Just saves a few pellets really, although I can run my GMG on 180F for 9-10 hours and it uses a handful of pellets or @150F it is less than a handful. I fond 180F the sweet spot for most smoke on mine.

Real smoke in Jerky is what makes it for me.

Reactions: eddiememphis
all the time! I run my Rec Tec at 180 for 2-4 hours then kick it up to 225 to finish the drying to my liking. I cut my jerky beef at about 1/4" so its a little thick at the start. works great!

I make two kinds
I prefer the OFG, wife prefers dales. they are different for sure, both are good.

its easy - pellet grill works great. good luck and post us some picks.

I have done jerky in all my other smokers so now i want to try it in the pellet smoker.
So far the wood smoker has turned out the best jerky, just a lot of work and beer!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky