Jerky on the Weber

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I buy Italian spicy sausage for making stuff mixed with burger meat.
Did you do a thread about spicy Italian?

LOL! No, it was just a single sacrificial Spicy Italian Sausage. Hardly thread-worthy... Poor baby was a "Food Probe" holder, alone in the Brinkman.
I was burning some ancient briquettes I have stored in an old can, and dumped some partially burned Pellets on them when the charcoal got going. I was surprised the charcoal would burn...
It worked fine. But I pooped out and took a nap. :rolleyes:
When I woke up the fire was out, the sausage was at eatin temperature, and it was time to feed the dog. So he and I had some Spicy Italian Sausage hors d'oeuvre's while I was fixin his dinner.

Yesterday I got a bag of Hickory chunks. 100% Hickory wood chunks. Since it is tree wood, and not pellets, I'm reasonably assured it is Hickory. Sez you can use it in place of charcoal.
Curious George is at it again.... :D :rolleyes:

That's different..
I normally use charcoal and chunks for anything 5 hours or more.

I wanted to revert the Brinkman to fire, and remove the Bradley puck pooper.
It's got me thinking about my next BBQ, if the gas burner ever burns out.
(But unlike others, mine is not fading fast at all.)
I'm thinking a combo Hybrid type...
(But people in hell want ice water, too.) :rolleyes:

I like my double body CheapO Combo ham smoker. Haha

Attachments

• IMG_20180413_194126.jpg
    IMG_20180413_194126.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180414_114140.jpg
    IMG_20180414_114140.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180413_194734.jpg
    IMG_20180413_194734.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 14
Haha.. good stuff! Love my little ECB!
Here is a pic of my finished jerky today..

I have half away to my friends in the last hour.. haha

View attachment 362068
Been using the heck out of my smoker, I am a Jerky fanatic, This will for sure be my next smoker adventure and will be sure to post pictures. Might try your receipt or use the one I have been using for years minus the liquid smoke seeing as I use to do it in my over for 12 hours.

Been using the heck out of my smoker, I am a Jerky fanatic, This will for sure be my next smoker adventure and will be sure to post pictures. Might try your receipt or use the one I have been using for years minus the liquid smoke seeing as I use to do it in my over for 12 hours.

Oh yeah. 150 is a good temp inside a smoker for jerky.. I think I end up going 8 hours if I rotate 3 racks and take jerky off as it gets done.. sometimes I have half a tray on top and in the middle that stays on longer as a few pieces get taken off sooner.

Reactions: Jim Fitzgerald
Oh yeah. 150 is a good temp inside a smoker for jerky.. I think I end up going 8 hours if I rotate 3 racks and take jerky off as it gets done.. sometimes I have half a tray on top and in the middle that stays on longer as a few pieces get taken off sooner.
Thanks I will keep this in mind and when I make mine I will post pictures for sure.

Reactions: ksblazer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky