Jerky Making Issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We are always giving advise on "what to do in a perfect world".... The only problem with the oven door cracked a bit, if cooler air hits the oven thermocouple, the element comes on.... now the over has no idea what the temp really is...

Now that's theoretical....

How many of these "beef bites" are you going to make..... Is it a permanent item to add to inventory.... one time deal...

I'm working for a meat company. As you probably are aware the price of whole muscle is very expensive and my company wants me to use ground beef to make beef bites.

There is one more option.... Since it is a commercial oven, it should be easy to trick the oven thermostat thinking the oven is AT 170 when it is really 150 ish....
Readjust the therm, make the "beef bites", then PUT IT BACK where it was before you have some other cook looking to do you in....

Last edited:
You guys have made some excellent and interesting points. I'm sure if Meatman is still following this post that he has enough info to help him out or confuse him more.  I'm just wondering what is the reasoning behind the 80/20 beef. Is he trying to make use of unsold ground burger before it expires or is their another reason.  I mean we all agree we would use leaner meat and cure and from there it's each persons preference. (smoke house, dehydrator, hang them in the basement or garage or what ever. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky