Jerky for Friends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
Four pounds of jerky all rubbed up and getting ready last night. I let it sit overnight, then this morning divided it into two large ziplock bags to marinate for 24 hours. Weather permitting, I‘ll smoke it tomorrow morning.

We are in Oregon with near 40 mph winds and close to an inch of rain since midnight. Not nearly as bad as some of you folks right now, but not fun for smoking. I guess the next smoker mod is a snorkel.

I plan to give most of it away to friends along with some trail mix and smoked cheese. That’s my favorite thing about smoking, sharing it.

E4418FFD-8230-436A-851D-01741E8D682D.jpeg

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks good so far.... Waiting to see when it's done. I agree with you: rarely I leave more then 1/4 of my final product for myself - rest of it goes to my friends, relatives or teammates. This is more enjoyable part of my hobby....

Reactions: OldSmoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky