Jerk spiced confit thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Vote for Chef 👨‍🍳 Jeff (nickname from friends like) daily https://favchef.com/2021/jeff-campbell Lol New stuff from tonight. Jamaican jerk confit thighs on Caribbean style greens with a coconut curry celery root purée. Thighs were sous vide cooked vac packed swimming in olive oil and jerk seasoning @ 165F for 3 hours and then crisped up in 500F oven. Possibly the best chicken I’ve done. Since callaloo isn’t available near Willard I used spinach with tomato, onion, scotch bonnet pepper and fresh thyme and a little bacon. Purée is celery root with coconut milk, curry powder, smoked paprika, fresh ginger and cream cheese. Almost makes me feel like I’m in Montego Bay again! Thanks for looking.
CB8167F6-9009-41F0-BC10-2530193BDB01.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, i love Jerk Chicken and your looks and sounds fantastic, great looking plate ( Worked in restaurants for over 20 years, great presentation )
When we got married in Jamaica many years ago. I had Jerk chicken everyday at 2 when the lady opened up her chicken hut . I make it maybe once a month
David

Vote for Chef 👨‍🍳 Jeff (nickname from friends like) daily https://favchef.com/2021/jeff-campbell Lol New stuff from tonight. Jamaican jerk confit thighs on Caribbean style greens with a coconut curry celery root purée. Thighs were sous vide cooked vac packed swimming in olive oil and jerk seasoning @ 165F for 3 hours and then crisped up in 500F oven. Possibly the best chicken I’ve done. Since callaloo isn’t available near Willard I used spinach with tomato, onion, scotch bonnet pepper and fresh thyme and a little bacon. Purée is celery root with coconut milk, curry powder, smoked paprika, fresh ginger and cream cheese. Almost makes me feel like I’m in Montego Bay again! Thanks for looking. View attachment 485788
My friend, your plate is beyond beautiful! My mouth feels the tenderness from the "swimming in oil and jerk spice" and the crisp skin!! I'm surprised you were able to get them out of the bag without falling apart before crisping. You definitely provided some unique ideas to play with. Thank you for sharing! 🍻

Reactions: jcam222
Jerk chicken is one of my favorites but me and my wife make the worst jerked chicken. This looks awesome

What can I say Jeff? Another stunning meal buddy. Beautiful and tantalizing, that's for sure. I'd give almost anything to have the ability to create food like you do. Best of luck in the voting my friend!!

Robert

That looks incredible Jeff! Let me correct that, Amazing! Truly worthy of a carousel ride, IMHO. Mouthwatering at the very least. Great work. Looks like you're in 2nd on the voting right now.

Incredible looking meal Jeff! You've again made me google something. I've never heard of callaloo before. Is this close to spinach or greens such as collard or turnup?

Incredible looking meal Jeff! You've again made me google something. I've never heard of callaloo before. Is this close to spinach or greens such as collard or turnup?
It’s a similar green used widely in the Caribbean. In bigger cities you can likely find it. It’s also called amaranth.

How did you get them out of the bag without them falling apart?

Jbo
165F for 3 hours they are not falling apart. The integrity of the meat still holds together but is very tender and juicy. I should add that I did immerse them in an ice bath straight out of the sous vide. Honestly though I did thighs a few weeks ago at 165F in duck fat for something like 6 hours and they still didn’t fall apart. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/chicken-thigh-confit.305393/ I will say the 3 hours was a far more tender and juicy product.

Reactions: jbo_c
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky