Jeff's barrel smoked chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

agaffer

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 2, 2020
North Carolina
I was reading Jeff's latest email this morning. I also have forgotten how perfectly a drum cooker worked for chicken. Mine has been sitting under cover for about a year, forgotten as I played with other cooking toys. This weekend I am going to fire it up and hang some jerk seasoned chicken.
Thanks Jeff for the reminder.

I hope it was clean when you covered it! I had mine sitting under cover most of last summer while I enjoyed my offset and grills, and in September when I wanted to take it to the beach, it had mold all over the inside. Had to do a major cleaning.

Good luck

Reactions: JLeonard
I was reading Jeff's latest email this morning. I also have forgotten how perfectly a drum cooker worked for chicken. Mine has been sitting under cover for about a year, forgotten as I played with other cooking toys. This weekend I am going to fire it up and hang some jerk seasoned chicken.
Thanks Jeff for the reminder.

Glad I could help😀

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky