Jack Daniels Wood Chips Opinion

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What has been your experience with these wood chips?

• Positive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Negative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eberleb

Original poster
Aug 13, 2016
Didn't see a review here so I thought I'd post my review of the Jack Daniels wood chips you might find out there.  Overall I'd give them a 5/10...wouldn't recommend.  It neither added or detracted from the flavor of the meat I was cooking (Boston Butt).  My pulled pork still came out great but would have been much, much better if I'd stuck to my hickory or apple wood.  Those woods add great flavor in my opinion, and I couldn't detect anything in the Jack Daniels chips...I'll just stick to the basics next time!

I'm sure like anything you're going to get many different views. Personally I like it and use it a lot. Whether alone or with a mix of Cherry.

I did the tour of Jack Daniels there in Lynchburg and the smell of the bag takes me back there every time.

I got their spices too and it compliments them well. The big plus is my wife likes it all too!

Didn't see a review here so I thought I'd post my review of the Jack Daniels wood chips you might find out there. Overall I'd give them a 5/10...wouldn't recommend. It neither added or detracted from the flavor of the meat I was cooking (Boston Butt). My pulled pork still came out great but would have been much, much better if I'd stuck to my hickory or apple wood. Those woods add great flavor in my opinion, and I couldn't detect anything in the Jack Daniels chips...I'll just stick to the basics next time!
The Jack chips are oak. Oak doesnt go with all meats. A common mistake is using the wrong pairing of meats and chips. One type of wood chip can't smoke everything so im not sure its fair to say you wouldn't recommend them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky