I've the Pitboss Memphis Ultimate 4b1 can I put

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cookieguy07

Original poster
Aug 26, 2019
Pellets in the tray instead of the wood chips? Trying to find away for my chips to last longer before I've to switch and have heard pellets will last longer.

I'm thinking the element mayn't get hot enough for pellets to work

I used chunks that I cut down enuf to fit in mine,thats only way I got good mileage out of it, chips went quick, haven't tried pellets in it yet

Reactions: Cookieguy07
Try both ways, soaked and dry.
See what u come up with. That's the great thing about BBQ, no matter what you do chances are you'll have something good to eat in the end

It's true. Soaking chips just means you're heating and evaporating water before the wood starts to burn.

Do you want to produce good results or just have a ritual? It's not really up for debate that soaking wood chips only produces steam and delays the wood burning. It serves no functional purpose and is just wasted heat.

Do you want to produce good results or just have a ritual? It's not really up for debate that soaking wood chips only produces steam and delays the wood burning. It serves no functional purpose and is just wasted heat.
You should put that in your next book, professional

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky