It's going to get real this coming weekend...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MadMax281

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 15, 2017
Texas
Got the call today my LSG 20X36 is ready for pick up. So Friday I will go get her to bring her to her forever home. I asked if they could send a picture and all I can say is "She's a beaut Clarke...". Go from seasoning to a smoke all in one day. It's going to be a good day Tater...

Attachments

• Smoker 1.jpg
    Smoker 1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 127
Yes, it is a fire assist/log starter. One of many options.

Congrats! One of my favorite pits!

I have a LSG 20 x 42 but ordered without the log lighter. I have a burner that I am adapting for this service and am wondering what LSG uses for the burner/nozzle inside the firebox. Like TNJAKE TNJAKE , I am curious about the details of the gas assist. I know what the outside burner hookup looks like but cannot figure out what the inside burner tip is.

If you don't mind, a photo or two would be very helpful. From their website, I think it is a pipe nipple with a rectangular shroud. Not sure what the rectangular shroud is for. Maybe the shroud acts like an eductor and pulls some additional mixing air is at the corners of the shroud??

Reactions: MadMax281
I do believe the square part protects the round part where the flame comes out. With the fire basket cut out it lights charcoal/wood splits quickly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210210-163428_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210210-163428_Chrome.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20210210-163618_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210210-163618_Chrome.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 78
Great looking rig. Congrats. Looks like a great choice. And the Christmas Vacation reference is a bonus for me lol. Favourite December 24th movie for my family 👍

Got the call today my LSG 20X36 is ready for pick up. So Friday I will go get her to bring her to her forever home. I asked if they could send a picture and all I can say is "She's a beaut Clarke...". Go from seasoning to a smoke all in one day. It's going to be a good day Tater...
She is and you are going to love her.
I've had mine for about 5 weeks now.

Looks nice. What's the propane hookup for? Ignitor?
A lot of the builders (LSG, Yoder, Horizon, etc.) have an option for a propane port in the fire box to ignite your fuel source. I wish I did it with my yoder, instead I start my fires with a propane torch by hand.

Looks awesome. What was your wait time?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky