It's Dilly Asparagus Time ~ Refrigerator Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
Q13IxEk.jpg

Asparagus is $0.97/lb at my Kroger affiliate store, so I picked up 5 bunches. I use the "Kosher Pickle - Refrigerator Mix" by Mrs Wages.... so no processing is needed. But jars of veggies must stay in the fridge, they are NOT self stable. For this application you should start with freshly washed jars, then sterilize them in boiling water. I'm at 5400', so I allow 15 minutes for that step. Veggies take about a week to cure, and have a fridge life of 4 months. I blanch the stalks for 3 minutes, and follow with an ice bath. I make Dilly Beans the same way, but use a 2.5 minute blanch. I actually like the 'crunch' of refrigerator vegetables over processed ones.

I saw the asparagus on sale. That looks like a fine use for it. I’m sure those are awesome.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky