Italian Night - Nduja stuffed chicken breast dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
From the time I saw xray xray post on the Nduja I knew I had to try it. I mean spreadable salami? Heck yes. I decided I would be doing nduja stuffed chicken breast on a bed off roasted green beans and sweet peppers with a Parmesan cream sauce and tomato pesto. Salad of radicchio with buttery cerignola olives and shaved manchego cheese. A sugar free sweet dijon vinaigrette.

First up I had to get some nduja. Where else but Amazon lol!! Two days later I had this in hand. I had to take a taste right away of course. Man is it tasty! Nice salami with a good hit of spice. I am going to have to learn to make this stuff for sure.
amazon nduja.jpg

Gathering up the rest of the ingredients to stuff the chicken. Joining the nduja is some shave parmesan, and thinly sliced onion. Spice wise staying pretty simple with some oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder. A little tomato pesto to top at the end. Not pictured is some leftover homemade parmesan cream sauce (alfredo :) ) from a meal earlier in the week.

stuffing for chicken.jpg

Browned the chicken first in my CI skillet/. Pocket cut into the chicken breast and stuffed with all the goodies. I used some toothpicks to hold them closed. Back into the skillet and will be in a hot 400F oven for around 20 -25 minutes.

ready for oven.jpg

While the chicken is cooking ready to do some green beans with sweet peppers. Pretty straight forward here. Pre cooked the beans a bit in the microwave and then finished it all off on the stove. Beans and peppers in a little avocado oil minced garlic. Salt and pepper to taste and finished at the end with some butter.

beans finishing.jpg

Salad for this meal will be something I have actually not had very often featuring radicchio. Along with that is some romaine along with Castelvetrano olives and shaved aged Manchego cheese. Topping it off a homemade sweet lemon Dijon vinaigrette. The vinaigrette is roughly 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 3/4 cup olive oil, 1 clove minced garlic, 3 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper. Do this in a blender or hit it with an immersion blender so that it emulsifies. it will look almost like a cream based dressing. I hit it then to taste with an artificial sweetener. I used Monk fruit. I also chopped the radicchio very fine and soaked in water for about 45 minutes. It really reduces the bitterness to a better flavor profile to me.

salad ingredients.jpg

Here are a couple shots of the chicken out of the oven. One in the pan and the other a piece cut to see the gooey goodness easing out.
out of oven.jpg

chicken cut to see middle.jpg

Time to pull it all together and get things plated up. Here is a plated shot and a close up.

plated 2.jpg

plated close up.jpg

Well that's a wrap. This is very high on my must do again list. The flavors with the chicken are off the hook delicious. Overall a really decadent rich main course. The beans were a good pairing as was the salad. Thanks for looking!!

Jcam, what a beautiful meal! I can only imagine what this tastes like! Love the choice of veggies and the salad! I'm gonna have to order some of this stuff soon so I can try it out.

Reactions: jcam222
That looks awesome jcam. I have heard its very spicy. But you say otherwise. Guess I will just have to make some to try.

Holy cow Jeff, that looks awesome! Everything looks over the top. The colors, the vibrancy, I want it all.

So you liked the Nduja? I think yours expired, better send it to me for proper disposal :emoji_wink:

Jeff, that looks nothing short of spectacular!! As Joe said, the color, vibrancy, and freshness of the meal is off the charts. Just a beautiful meal my friend. I'm going to order some of the Nduja just to see what it's all about and make a batch....a big batch. I have a feeling I'll be sending a bunch of it out to various people :emoji_wink: Here's a roll of quarters for a much deserved ride!!

Wow, wow, and wow again!!
Robert

Wow Jeff just Wow.! That plate and salad are off the charts. You killed it on this cook. I've got to get some of this stuff. Like you said...spreadable salami..uh yes please! Points for sure man.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky