• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.


Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
B'ham Alabama
Going to start doing festivals and selling on the side of the road.  What kind of insurance do I need and what is the best rates you guys have?

Call your favorite agent and ask him what  a 1 million dollar blanket policy cost.
Yep.  Call the insurance guy.  If you have a decent underlying policy, 1 meg of umbrella coverage is pretty cheap.  Be sure to tell him what you are doing because there may be exclusions and other terms buried deep within the fine print of the policy. The policy is nothing more than a legal contract, and like all contracts, the devil can be in the details.  Might not hurt to consult your attorney.
We used to be able to get an event policy from a company here in CA - you might want to check into that. It used to cover over 1M and was only around a $100. We only did 6-8 events per year so it was worth the $$ is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts