Inkbird's vacuum sealer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Thanks to the outstanding offer from Miya (Inkbird). I purchased a vacuum sealer. Total cost was just shy of 28.00 with free shipping VIA Amazon prime.
OI000054.jpg

It arrived today! It included some sample bags and roll. And the vacuum assy hose. This sealer looks good. Not bad quality at all. Far better then what the price point would suggest.
Now the test! I had some salami and pepperoni to slice and package.

OI000055.jpg

The sealer did the job pretty darn fast. Not as fast as my LEM unit. But not a slouch either. And this thing made my LEM sound like a fighter jet on afterburner during the vacuum stage.
The results look good. If I had any cons, it would be the seal. Not as robust as my LEM. But I did do a seal test with a bag with air in it. And just sealed it. There was no leak. Even with putting pretty good stress to it. Though, if this is your primary sealer. I would double seal it for anything with long storage in mind. And, I don't know the duty cycle of this either. Probably close to the usual food saver units. After a few seals you should let it cool down. I did 4 seals one after another with no issues. I bought this to be used infrequently while on vacations or just a couple of seals instead of setting up the LEM.
Set up was fast and a breeze. And the clamp was firm.
My thoughts IMHO. Is if you can get this with the savings that Miya posted here. Or at the 20% off at Amazon. I would leap on it like a starving wolf on a crippled lamb. I've had 90.00 Foodsaver units. And this things kicks their butts. Off the soap box, and back into the kitchen cya!

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. I’m waiting on mine in the mail from their last promo also. So far I haven’t had one of the inkbird products I didn’t like. Looks like my parents will get my old food saver just like they got my old maverick thermometers haha

Reactions: Steve H
Great review Steve!

I already had one of these and it’s been awesome! At the 1/2 off discount from Miya and Inkbird, I picked up another! Couldn’t resist at that price!

Does the Inkbird use specific bags?
Jim

Edit: Did a little searching see that it uses standard bags.

Last edited:
Thank you for your review-I love mine also-I sure appreciate you taking the picture and the time and effort to post it. The instructions are not very good, but you can figure it out. Thanks Inkbird. P.S. Are the bags included "boil safe" ?

Great write up Steve. I've had this one for a few months and it works great. I just got a second one for a backup as well. Haven't had any issues, and I do let it rest for 1-2 minutes between seals. As usual another great Inkbird product. I've been boiling the sealed bags with no problems too.

Reactions: Steve H
I used both the bags inkbird supplied. And a couple ziplock bags I got online. Both work fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky