Injecting Through Chicken Skin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
What are your thought's on injecting through chicken skin? I been avoiding it because that what I always heard. I am starting to think it really does not matter and would be easier to distribute though I have not done. They say lets the juice out.

What are your thought's on injecting through chicken skin? I been avoiding it because that what I always heard. I am starting to think it really does not matter and would be easier to distribute though I have not done. They say lets the juice out.

I feel it doesn't matter.
When I brine turkeys I inject brine through skin. When I brine and cure chickens, I inject through skin. When I have roasted turkeys I have brined and injected brine through skin.

My poultry comes out amazing. I think it does not matter one bit :)

I have always injected thru the skin on chicken & turkey. It’s really the only way to get the injection liquid distributed evenly. You don’t want to have pockets of intense flavor & no flavor in other places. What ever fluid runs out of the bird, I use as a mop sauce while it cooks.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky