img tags not working?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Glitches and Miscellaneous Forum Problems' started by twardnw, Jun 17, 2010.

1. twardnw

twardnw Fire Starter

any time I try to use an img tag, I end up with a weird link

[​IMG]

I try to use my pic host as much as I can, because I know that hosting images, especially for a forum, can eat up TONS of bandwidth...

2. thunderdome

thunderdome Master of the Pit

Just use the direct URL link, and click on the photo icon above (next to the video, calendar, smiley), and past that URL in there

3. mythmaster

mythmaster Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Use the "Insert Image" icon, click on the "Image URL" tab, and paste the link to the image there.

This forum doesn't use BBCode.

4. twardnw

twardnw Fire Starter

I've been trying to avoid that, since it uploads the image to their server. I've found a way around by viewing the Source of the post and just dropping a html img tag in, just hoping there's a better/easier way to not have them host pics for me.

5. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Use the HTML one and it works fine   just click preview and you will see the pics populate then hit submit. there is a Wiki on how to do this.

6. mythmaster

mythmaster Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

No, using the URL does not upload the image to the server.

7. twardnw

twardnw Fire Starter

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  8. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I cannot even start a thread now. On some I cannot answer due to no submit button. I see no smiles or Image adding buttons either. This just started 2 or 3 days ago. Nothing changed on my computer.