I'm making more pickles. Who would believe that?!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man those look delicious!! I have some pickle crisp in the cupboard with my pickling spices. I have read that you can also use bay leaves, grape leaves or even oak leaves in with the pickles to help keep them crisp. Something about the tannins. I’ve never tried it.

Reactions: S-met
Man those look delicious!! I have some pickle crisp in the cupboard with my pickling spices. I have read that you can also use bay leaves, grape leaves or even oak leaves in with the pickles to help keep them crisp. Something about the tannins. I’ve never tried it.
Not sure on bay leaves, but assume it should work. You can steep black tea like lipton or breakfast tea for about 30 min in your brine for some tannins too.

I would be cautious with oak in that I don't know the soak times. I don't think you want your pickles tasting like your cutting board.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky