IM IN LOVE WITH A VEGAN.....!!!!...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Roasted veggies are awesome. I should eat more of them but my plate is often brown. Get one of those grill pans with the holes in it and cook for your sweetie!

Tofu is NOT awesome. Ha Ha

Last edited:
perfect... 

can we smoke vegan crap? other than sponges.. ? how far can we go.. i understand veggies can be made.. but take away butter... egg.... blah... I NEED vegan ideas that I can smoke....

ROTF.gif

Just work around it.

Humans can over come anything.        
icon14.gif

perfect... 
can we smoke vegan crap? other than sponges.. ? how far can we go.. i understand veggies can be made.. but take away butter... egg.... blah... I NEED vegan ideas that I can smoke....

Just think of your pit as an oven and cook anything she'd normally cook in the oven on the pit. If more heat is required use the grill.

Tofu is NOT awesome. Ha Ha
use to think the same for years, never liked it. got married though.

ain't tried smoking tofu, but wife is Philipino, she immigrated here about 7.5 years ago. I've taken a liking to it in recent years. Wife can knock my socks off with it.  Give it a try this way, cast iron skillet, BACON GREASE and fry it till nice golden brown. Pretty darn good. 

now that you mention it, I'll have to go smoke some before i fry it next time. 

ain't tried smoking tofu, but wife is Philipino, she immigrated here about 7.5 years ago. I've taken a liking to it in recent years. Wife can knock my socks off with it.  Give it a try this way, cast iron skillet, BACON GREASE and fry it till nice golden brown. Pretty darn good. 

I wouldn't know which end of a tofu to feed and which end to wipe. LOL

Last edited:
As far as main dishes go, I think you're SOL, but there's a Brazilian steakhouse in Dallas that smokes whole pineapples (obviously with the skin removed) & coats them in cinnamon. Delicious.

The problem with that is a vegan would kill you if you used bacon grease.

Reactions: techplus
perfect... 

Hi Mikey,

Embarrassed to admit that I am a former (and reformed) vegan and vegetarian. So, there is hope for your girlfriend! :biggrin:

Anyway, here are a few ideas for things that have vegan recipe versions and can be smoked. I would attach links but it is not permitted, but I found vegan recipes for all of these using Google, and all have ways in which a super creative cook like yourself can incorporate smoking.

Vegan Macaroni and Cheese
Baked Beans
Red Beans and Rice
Vegetable Tacos or Burritos with Smoked Salsa
Tortilla Soup made with Smoked Vegetables (i.e. Onions, Tomatoes, Tomatillos, Peppers, Corn)
BBQ Tempeh (Tempeh is a fermented soy bean cake that is actually really good. You can put a rub on it, steam for 20 minutes or so, and then throw it on your smoker)

Hope this helps!
Clarissa

She is a border line animal activist too.. forgot to mention that part. I have nothing wrong with cooking veggie stuff for her.. but when I try to get converted over.. it makes me kill a deer andprocess it at my house! :) btw.. the pops got an axis deer for me today.. woo hoo ;) shes gonn puke.

Lol..

Hey FWIsmoker

That turkey looks absolutly disgusting.  I tried tofu ONCE.  The only place it shows up is if I go out for Chineese food and order hot and sour soup--I eat around the tofu and it is left in the bottom of the bowl. Animal activists have to realise that there is a place for ALL of God's creatures--right next to the potatos and gravy!!

Gary

Animal activists have to realise that there is a place for ALL of God's creatures--right next to the potatos and gravy!!
Gary
tell that to my lady friend.. and if you walk out the room with out a black eye( or two) Ill be quite surprised! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky