I'm confused

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If my replying to you and your wrong observation is called flying off the handle then I might not be on the right thread.. I want to talk with other men, not anyone that can't take the truth for what it is. And if you or anyone else passes me by, I'm good with that too. I don't know any of you, you don't pay my bills, visit my home.. so no, I'm not weak and will not be too broken up if that happens
Cools story grill "master" we were all just trying to be helpful. About a million years of experience on this forum and like I said the most friendly folks. Considering the majority of people responding to you referenced your meat looking medium rare when you claim internal temp was 196 doesn't give you much credibility. I'd check your thermometer for accuracy.

Nice looking piece of meat, but I think some thermometer calibration or verification with another digital may be needed.
But most wrap to get beyond the stall. Very seldom wrap personally.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I knew this was going to happen . He's fishing for a response . Brian , you are certainly welcome around here , but if you think that is a brisket smoked to 195 you have some things to learn . We can help you with that .
Exactly. Everyone was just trying to point out the obvious and help out.........and bang lol

First off... Lets get your thermometer calibrated.... get a pot of water boiling on high... stick the tip of your therm in the boiling water without touching the bottom or the sides of the pot... It should read 212` ...

Reactions: grillmaster brian
Cools story grill "master" we were all just trying to be helpful. About a million years of experience on this forum and like I said the most friendly folks. Considering the majority of people responding to you referenced your meat looking medium rare when you claim internal temp was 196 doesn't give you much credibility. I'd check your thermometer for accuracy.
Now see? That's a helpful comment more than asking what cut of beef is in the picture when that I know for sure.. tomorrow I will be looking into the accuracy's of my instant read thermometer, my probe I had plugged into it and of my smokehouse door thermometer.. much appreciated

Reactions: bigfurmn and TNJAKE
Now see? That's a helpful comment more than asking what cut of beef is in the picture when that I know for sure.. tomorrow I will be looking into the accuracy's of my instant read thermometer, my probe I had plugged into it and of my smokehouse door thermometer.. much appreciated
Glad we could help. That's why there were so many questions. The trained eye says that meat wasn't near the temp you thought it was. Nobody was being a dick to you. As far as the cut of meat, it is what you say it is. Don't be so abrasive with answering. We've all answered questions so many times we have stock questions to ask. Since you are checking your meat probe I'd suggest checking whatever you monitor your smoke house temp with as well

Also the therm in your smoke house door even when properly calibrated will give you a range at best. You will have to learn what that range means through practice. Then you can apply that to what temps the racks are cooking at. Checking ambient temperature with another probe at grate level near the meat can help you dial that in

Reactions: schlotz
grillmaster brian grillmaster brian Ive been around here a bit. TNJAKE TNJAKE is a great resource if you are having questions or issues. The people on here that post a lot are posting from experience and caring. We WANT everyones cooks to be great. We never wish ill upon others. These people myself included are wondering how a brisket at that temp is that red looking. It looks incredible so we are curious.
TNJAKE TNJAKE hope im not putting words in your mouth but I think we are in the same page.

grillmaster brian grillmaster brian , I can honestly say the guys here ARE trying to help you. The red color of your brisket looks odd for a brisket smoked to 195*F Internal temp.; that is the reason for so many questioning your process and such.

You have a smokehouse very similar to mine. It'll cook up a great brisket. Good plan to use the large water pan under the brisket. If these guys can't line you out, hit me up thru private message. Good luck with your smokes...

Edit. Nevermind. Waste of time
grillmaster brian grillmaster brian , I can honestly say the guys here ARE trying to help you. The red color of your brisket looks odd for a brisket smoked to 195*F Internal temp.; that is the reason for so many questioning your process and such.

You have a smokehouse very similar to mine. It'll cook up a great brisket. Good plan to use the large water pan under the brisket. If these guys can't line you out, hit me up thru private message. Good luck with your smokes...
I'll check all my thermometers tomorrow.

I knew this was going to happen . He's fishing for a response . Brian , you are certainly welcome around here , but if you think that is a brisket smoked to 195 you have some things to learn . We can help you with that .
It was a loaded question . If he wants help I'm all for that . If he wants back and forth just leave it alone .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky