Ideas for Goose???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ds7662

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 30, 2007
Richmond,VA
Looking for idea on cooking some goose. I personally have never cooked the stuff. Have 2 large breast from a bird that was killed the other day.
Any suggestions on how to cook the stuff would be appreciated.

Ive had some turn out good by cubing it, and marinating with whatever I grab from the fridge,(soy sauce, italian dressing,etc). Then wrap the pieces in bacon, then put on a skieur, then grill or smoke.

That sounds good Gram. I hadn't thought about the skewers yet. Not a bad idea at all. I had thought about several different marinades though.
Trying to help out my cousin who got this one and asked me how to cook it.
Thanks
Alan

Yup, the marinated cubes, wrapped in bacon, and grilled, are always a hit. Be careful of flareups though.

Jerky is great from goose breasts.

If they are large enough, I have pumped them, and soaked them in a maple sugar cure brine, for a day or so, and then smoked them. Once they were cool (overnight) I sliced them very thin, like dried beef from the butcher shop, or the canned stuff at the grocery store. The taste is awesome. I even made real creamed beef on toast, (SOS) with the shavings.

Just a couple more ideas for you.

I have a recipe that works good for smoked duck... should be good for goose too. But it's for the whole bird, not just breasts. Though I'm not sure it wouldn't work on just the breast. If you're interested let me know and I'll post it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky